The Catholic Diocese of Buffalo has released the names of more than a dozen priests who were accused of sexual abuse over the years, including a handful who served in Chautauqua County.
According to the Buffalo Diocese, in addition to a report from attorneys from Anderson Advocates, priests who served in the Chautauqua County area who were accused of abuse include:
- The Rev. Martin Pavlock, a Jamestown native who represented at least 12 Western New York parishes from 1966 through 2002;
- The Rev. Chester Stachewicz, who was an associate pastor of St. James Catholic Church in Jamestown in the late 70s and early 80s;
- The Rev. Donald Fafinski, who was appointed pastor of St. John’s Church of Jamestown in the fall of 1991;
- The Rev. John Hajduk, who served as a deacon of St. James Roman Catholic Church in Jamestown;
- The Rev. James Spielman, a Buffalo native, came to the Jamestown to serve at ss peter and paul form 1987 to 1989;
- The Rev. Mark Friel, who served as pastor of SS Peter and Paul Church in Jamestown;
- The Thomas Kemp, who served as pastor of Our Lady of Victory Catholic Church of Frewsburg in the early to mid 70s;
- The Rev. Francis Hogan, who served as pastor of the Immaculate Conception Roman Catholic Church in Cassadaga in the mid to late 40s;
- The Rev. Joseph Friel was pastor of St. Patrick’s Church in Randolph. He became pastor in 1977;
- The Rev. James Cotter who served at Our Lady of Lourdes in Bemus Point from 1966 to 1978;
- The Rev. Gerald Jasinksi, who served at St. John the Evangalist in Sinclairville in 1969;
- Fr. Loville Martlock, who served in both Sinclairville and Cherry Creek.
A document was released, telling more about the priests’ histories and ordination years. You can read full report at http://www.andersonadvocates.com.