The Jamestown Fire Department was called to 332 Camp St. around 3:15 a.m. Crews found heavy smoke coming from the two-story home, with fire appearing at the rear of the property. Everyone in the residence made it out safely. One firefighter was treated at the scene while another was transported to UPMC Chautauqua for treatment of minor injuries and later released.
The fire reportedly started in the kitchen before spreading elsewhere, including the garage and attic. The cause of the fire was due to an overloaded power strip in the kitchen.