JAMESTOWN – On Sunday, March 22 a benefit in the local fight against Breast Cancer will be taking place in downtown Jamestown.
Event organizers WCA Hospital, 106.9 KISS FM, 95.3 The Lake FM, and Mia Bella Salon will host the 6th Annual GOT PINK? event at Shawbucks Press Room Restaurant.
The festivities begin at 1 p.m. with Basket Raffles and Silent Auctions featuring hundreds of great donated items.
Mia Bella Salon will be providing salon services which include pink hair extensions, 50/50 raffle for a chance to win over $300 in salon services and product.
Commemorative Got Pink? t-shirts and hoodies, provided by the Jamestown Cycle Shop, will be on sale. Paparazzi jewelry will be selling jewelry and donating proceeds back to WCA Hospital.
Shawbucks/Press Room Restaurant will donate 10 percent of all food and bar sales. Patrons can enjoy “Buy a Mug” pricing on Budweiser products and pink drinks from Arthur R. Gren Company (this event is for those 21 years and over).
DJ Fish will kick off the musical entertainment at 1 p.m., followed by Derek Davis & The Tasty Groove Band from 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
At 3:30 p.m., the Live Auction, hosted by auctioneer Cole Robbins, will feature several items including:
- an authentic Buffalo Bills Woods signed jersey
- 1 week vacation rental on Chautauqua Lake donated by Burgett & Robbins and Century 21 Turner Brokers
- 24-inch Schwinn bike from Wal-Mart
- one golfer in the LINKS Charity LPGA Pro-Am from ALSTAR EMS
- service programs from RS Motors and Shults Autogroup
- pink Oscar Schmidt Guitar from Trinity Guitars
- two beautifully handcrafted chairs from Fancher Chair
- Buffalo Sabres tickets donated by Arthur R. Gren
- pearl set from Carlson’s Jewelry Smithing
- Skagen watch from Gaylene’s Jewelry
- gift certificates
- and much more.
In addition to the event organizers, Got Pink? is sponsored by Arthur R. Gren Co., Jamestown Cycle Shop, Designer Pools, Frewsburg Pharmacy, Carlson’s Jewlery, South Hills Country Club, Trinity Guitars, Z & M Ag and Turf, and 59 Lucylane.com.
In 2014, this charity event raised over $10,000 to benefit local the local fight against breast cancer. Over five years, got pink? has now raised and donated over $44,000 to WCA Hospital.
These gifts have been utilized to help WCA purchase new breast cancer detection equipment. This year, all proceeds will once again aid in the local detection of breast cancer through the purchase of the Hologic Stereotactic Upright chair. The professionals in the Center for Imaging & Medical Arts at WCA recognize that early detection means faster intervention, more treatment options, and improved survival rates.