The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Fire Investigation Team says crews were called to the residential fire at 37 Park St in Sinclairville at about 9 p.m. The fire, which destroyed the home, was completely knocked down by about 11 p.m.
Following an investigation, it was determined the fire originated along the south exterior wall due to heat exposure from an inadequate chimney pipe in close proximity to wood siding.
No serious injuries were reported. The family is being assisted by the Red Cross.
Sinclairville Fire received mutual aid from multiple neighboring jurisdictions.