Originally airing Thursday, Nov. 23, 2017 (Thanksgiving).
Jamestown resident Georgeanna Guiffrida stops by the WRFA studio to provide details of the Keeping Each Other Warm in Jamestown, NY project, now in its fourth year.
The project focuses on helping the less fortunate in the community by providing winter clothing items – like hats, scarves, gloves, socks, and even coats – at various locations throughout the city:
– Jamestown Riverwalk
– Reg Lenna Center For The Arts (in front of The Reg Studio)
– Dow Park (across from James Prendergast Library Association, in the lower corner of 7th and Washington Streets)
– Lillian Dickson Park (Falconer Street)
– Joe Z Coffee (corner of Forest and Prather Streets)
Anyone who wants to donate items can drop them off at several locations, including:
– Aftercare Nursing , Jamestown NY Office
[*new location 411 W. Third Street]
– Phoenix Rising Wellness Studio, Jamestown NY
[*new location 509 N. Main Street]
– Fluvanna Community Church, Jamestown NY
– Custom Carpet Centers
– Joe Z Coffee, Jamestown, NY
These drop off locations will have a basket ready to be filled with your generously donated cold-weather gear, that will be collected weekly, to be disbursed throughout our community.
Each and every donated item will be hung on at one of five established line sites for those in need to remove and receive for free.
Individuals and families are also encouraged to hang items you may have, personally, directly on any of the lines.
More details at www.facebook.com/keepeachotherwarm/