KENNEDY – A home in the town of Poland was completely destroyed after a fire broke early Sunday night. Sheriff deputies say the Kennedy Fire Department responded to a report of a residential structure fire at 2094 Route 62 at 6:48 p.m.
The sheriff’s office says two youths were at home at the time of the fire, and were able to escape without injury, although some family pets were lost in the fire. Fire investigators determined that the blaze started on the first floor and was caused by an unattended candle left burning.
The Kennedy Fire Department was assisted at the scene by volunteers from the Frewsburg, Falconer and Kiantone Fire Departments and also the Office of Emergency Services. The American Red Cross was assisting the family.