JAMESTOWN – National Train Day is Saturday, May 9 and local organizers have several activities planned for throughout the day.
The event will start at 10 a.m. Saturday at the Jamestown Gateway Train Station, with Jamestown Mayor Sam Teresi and other local officials expected to be on hand to kick off the celebratory day.
Other activities include:
- 10:30 a.m.- the railroad motor cars will arrive
- 12 p.m. and 5 p.m. – a presentation on the restoration of trolley car No. 93
- 12:30 p.m. – a steam engine and caboose will arrive at the station
- 1 p.m. and 7 p.m. – the ”Great American Train Robbery”
- 4:30 p.m. – Western New York and Pennsylvania train cars will arrive
- 6 p.m. – Community Reception (RSVP required)
Other planned events include refreshments by Elegant Edibles Catering, a cash bar by Miley’s Old Inn, an appearance by local railroad author Ken Springirth, a toy train show and sales, a trolley No. 93 exhibit, and information tables presented by the regional historical societies and a classic car show.
With the exception of the reception dinner, all events are free and open to the public.