According to the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office, the fire at 735 Hunt Road broke out just before 8 a.m. Tuesday morning inside a garage on the property.
Sheriff Gerace came across the blaze while driving to Mayville as the homeowner was calling 911. After learning no other people or animals were in harms way, the Sheriff and homeowner were able to remove lawnmowers and an all-terrain vehicle from the garage before firefighters arrived.
The blaze was extinguished by members of the Lakewood Fire Department and mutual aid companies and no Injuries were reported.
The fire, which was ruled accidental due to an overheated electric outlet, destroyed the garage and damaged a nearby home.