Chautauqua County Sheriff deputies say 35-year-old Tye Kenny died as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning believed to have been connected to a meth lab from a residence located at 26 Pearl St. in the north county village.
The death was discovered after the Forestville Volunteer Fire Department was sent to the residence early Thursday morning for an unresponsive subject.
On arrival, both sheriff’s deputies and fire personnel noticed evidence of a meth lab, so the county HazMat Team was called in.
The Post-Journal says a couple of the officers took themselves to Lake Shore Hospital for evaluation following the incident.
The Sheriff’s office says a large quantity of methamphetamine was located and collected along with a large quantity of items related to the Production and manufacture of methamphetamine.