Originally airing Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017.
WRFA public affairs director Jason Sample talks with Dr. Lillian Ney, Kia Briggs, and Janet Forbes about the upcoming “Many Faces of Addiction” forum scheduled to take place on Wednesday, Nov. 15 at Jamestown Community College’s Scharmann Theater.
In the spirit of “Our Community Stands Together,” the Health Care Action Team (HCAT) along with the American Association of University Women (AAUW) and the Mental Health Association (MHA) have worked together to present a second Community Education Forum on this complicated subject of addiction and recover.
“The Many Faces of Addiction: No One Cause, No One Solution” will be presented on Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2017, 6:30 p.m., in Jamestown Community College’s Scharmann Theatre.
Attendance is free and open to the public. Light refreshment will be available beginning at 6 p.m.
Dr. Lillian Vitanza Ney, Chair of HCAT and the MHA Advisory Board, will moderate the panel of speakers that includes:
- Karen McElrath, PhD, Professor of Criminal Justice, Fayetteville State University, North Carolina;
- Davina Moss-King, PhD, Positive Direction and Associates, Buffalo;
- Andrew O’Brien, Current Consultant and former Director of Behavioral Health, UPMC-Chautauqua-WCA;
- Leanna Luka-Conley, Deputy Commissioner of Adult, Children and Family Services, Chautauqua County Department of Health and Human Services;
- Chief Harry Snellings, Police Chief/Director of Public Safety, City of Jamestown;
- Reverend Luke Fodor, Rector, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Jamestown.
A question and answer period will follow the presentations.
← All Posts for Show Community Matters