To help ensure the evening remains a happy and safe one for children of all ages, local police agencies are asking residents to follow some simple safety tips. Tips include making sure children never travel alone and also make sure they only go to houses they know. Children should also only wear bright-colored costumes and carry lights with them, which will help motorists or other pedestrians easily spot them. Reflective tape added to costumes enhances visibility as well. Costumes that don’t obstruct vision are also recommended.
Motorists are also asked to be extra cautious when out driving Halloween night. And finally, parents should examine any and all candy to make sure that all is safe for consumption.
Trick-or-treat hours for Saturday, Oct. 31 are as follows:
- Ashville, Cassadaga, Ellington, Gerry, Chautauqua/Mayville, Poland/Kennedy – 5 to 7 p.m.
- Carroll/Frewsburg – 5 to 8 p.m.
- Ellicott/Falconer – 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Harmony/Panama – 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Celoron – 5:30 to 8 p.m.
- Jamestown, Busti/Lakewood, Ellery/Bemus – 6 to 8 p.m.