MAYVILLE – Chautauqua County Executive Vince Horrigan (R-Bemus Point) will roll out his first tentative budget as county executive later this week when the Chautauqua County Legislature convenes in Mayville.
Horrigan’s budget presentation will take place on Wednesday, September 24 at 6:30 p.m. in the Legislative Chambers of the Gerace Office Building. In a preview of his budget, Horrigan said that it will focus on several things, including
- investing in an offensive economic development strategy;
- protecting our watersheds;
- coordinating health care and substance abuse initiatives;
- privatizing our Chautauqua County Home;
- and implementing cost containment resources to target welfare fraud and rising public defender costs.
Horrigan says he will also recommend the county use a portion of its available fund balance to keep the budget under the property tax cap.
A copy of the 2015 Tentative Budget will be available on Thursday, September 25 on the Finance Department’s website at www.co.chautauqua.ny.us/213/Finance.
After Horrigan presents his budget, the Chautauqua County Legislature will have the opportunity to make any change, prior to approving a final budget before the December 1 deadline.