JAMESTOWN – The Jamestown Renaissance Corporation (JRC) has announced the winners from Jamestown’s Snowball Express Christmas Parade and Holiday Celebration. According to organizers, there were approximately 120 groups who participated, with over 200 units in the parade.
Receiving awards for this year’s parade were:
- Best All Around – Pepsi Beverages Co.
- Best Theme Related – Vietnam Veterans of America Chapt 865 & Veterans of Modern Warfare Chapt 20
- Best Business – Jamestown ICE & Storage
- Best Civic/Not-for-Profit – Toys for Tots
- Best Youth Involvement – Jamestown BPU
- Best Animal – Chautauqua County Humane Society
- Most Creative – Hedlund Express
A new trophy will be awarded this year for Crowd Favorite. Spectators are asked to visit the JRC Facebook page this week to vote for their favorite unit out of four pre-selected units who participate in the parade. Nominees include:
- Allied Fire Protection with Local 669
- Infinity Visual & Performing Arts
- Babes of Wrath Roller Derby
- Bemus Point United Methodist Church
This year’s parade was sponsored by The Resource Center and Lutheran Jamestown. It was held on Friday, December 6 in downtown Jamestown.