JAMESTOWN – Local residents will have another opportunity to guide the redevelopment of the Chadakoin River West Brownfield Opportunity Area area later this week.
The Chadakoin River West BOA covers the area from Washington Street to Jones and Gifford Avenue and from the border of the city around Clifton Avenue to McCrea Point Park. In order to ensure that the local community is given a voice in the study, the Project Team led by C & S Companies is extending an open invitation to the public to attend the first set of walking Site Analysis and Community Visioning Tours set for Thursday, June 23.
Site Analysis Tour no. 1 will focus on the Washington Street Commercial Corridor and will begin at 10 a.m. with a brief meeting at city hall before a carpool takes attendees to the site location.
ANALYSIS TOUR NO. 1 SCHEDULE
- 10:00-10:15 a.m.
- Meet at City Hall and participate in brief visioning activity
- Load carpool and depart
- 10:30 am arrive at Site #1
- Chadakoin Park 10th Street entrance to park vehicles
- Walking tour 10th Street to 13th Street
- Pick up vehicles and carpool to Site #2
- 11:00 am arrive at Site #2
- 13th and Washington
- 11:30 am arrive at Site #3
- 17th Street and Fifties Grill and Dairy
- 12:00 pm depart for City Hall
Site Analysis Tour no. 2 will be a boat tour and will focus on the Chadakoin River and Wetlands. It will begin at 2 p.m. again with a brief meeting at city hall before attendees are taking to the location.
ANALYSIS TOUR NO. 2 SCHEDULE
- 2:00-2:15 pm
- Meet at City Hall and visioning activity
- 2:15-2:30 pm Site #1
- Load onto boat at Holiday Harbor Marina
- 2:40 pm depart for river tour
- 3:50 pm arrive at Holiday Harbor Marina
- 4:00 pm depart for City Hall
Anyone wishing to participate is asked to be at city hall during the designated times the tours are set to begin.
The redevelopment study is being conducted to due to a $269,000 state grant awarded in 2013.
Anyone wishing to learn more about the project or any group that would like to host an input session can do so by calling 716-867-1630 or by visiting www.ChadakoinRevitalization.com. A Facebook page has also been set up to provide updates.
← All Posts for Show Community Matters