JAMESTOWN – An event geared at raising awareness about the causes and treatment for drug addiction is happening Wednesday night, Nov. 15, at Jamestown Community College.
The “Many Faces of Addiction: No One Cause, No One Solution,” is being organized by the Jamestown Health Care Action Team (HCAT) along with the American Association of University Women (AAUW) and the Mental Health Association (MHA).
The forum will feature several speakers who will share information about their role in working to fight the region’s drug epidemic, along with a question and answer period.
Speakers will include:
- Dr. Karen McElrath, Professor of Criminal Justice, Fayetteville State University, North Carolina;
- Dr. Davina Moss-King, Positive Direction and Associates, Buffalo;
- Andrew O’Brien, former Director of Behavioral Health at WCA;
- Leanna Luka-Conley, Deputy Commissioner of Adult, Children and Family Services for the Chautauqua County Department of Health and Human Services;
- Jamestown Police Chief Harry Snellings;
- and Reverend Luke Fodor of St. Luke’s Episcopal Church, Jamestown.
Moderator will be Dr. Lillian Ney.
The forum will begin at 6:30 p.m. at JCC’s Scharmann Theatre. Attendance is free and open to the public. Light refreshment will be available beginning at 6 p.m.