JAMESTOWN, NY – The 2015 13-year old Babe Ruth World Series is just about ready to get underway at Diethrick Park in Jamestown.
On Thursday the Board of directors and several volunteers greeted each of the visiting teams, who arrived throughout the day at the ball park.
A total of ten teams will play in the week-long tournament, including:
- Host Team – Jamestown All Stars
- WNY Region Champions – Ithaca All Stars (Inlet Monsters) – Ithaca, NY
- Mid Atlantic Region Champions – Paulino Babe Ruth – Bronx, NY
- New England Regiona Champions – Tri-County Babe Ruth – Tri-County, ME
- Southeast Region Champions – Tallahassee Babe Ruth – Tallahassee, FL
- Southwest Region Champions – Mountain Home All Stars – Mountain Home, AK
- Ohio Valley Region Champions – Janesville Babe Ruth – Janesville, WI
- Midwest Plains Region Champions – Bismark Babe Ruth – Bismark, ND
- Pacific Northwest Region Champions – Camas-Washougal All Stars – Camas, WA
- Pacific Southwest Region Champions – Tri-Valley All Stars – Tri Valley, CA
On Friday, the teams will met for an Ice Breaker Picnic and Skills Competition at Bergman Park and the Banquet of Champions will be held tonight at JCC’s Phys Ed Building.
The official start of the World Series is Saturday, with a parade set to begin along Third St. starting at 9 a.m. The first pitch will begin at Noon and will feature the team from the Pacific Southwest region facing the team from New England.
Games will be played every day throughout the week, continuing until the championship game on Saturday, Aug. 22.
The host team from Jamestown will play at 7 p.m. Saturday night and will face the Mountain Home All-Stars, from Mountain Home, Arkansas, who represent the Southwest region. The Host team will also play Sunday at 5 p.m., Tuesday at 5 p.m. and Wednesday at 5 p.m.
The top six teams will advance to the Champions bracket, with play scheduled to begin on Thursday.
All games are free and open to the public.
A complete schedule can be found at jamestownworldseries.org.