JAMESTOWN – The Jamestown Babe Ruth World Series Board of Directors is proud to announce that the general public will be able to come down to Rush Diethrick Park the week of August 15 to 22 and watch the Babe Ruth World Series for free.
According to Babe Ruth world Series spokesperson and board member Kim Ecklund, organizers have been blessed with the local support of businesses and organizations in the community who have come out and purchased “a day at the park” that will enable us to offer free admission.
“This is a really exciting time for us because – one, this is a first and two, this just goes to show how grateful our community is, how much we come out and support events locally,” Ecklund said. “I’m proud to say all eight days are purchased by local businesses and organization, which makes baseball for the 13 year old world series free for the first time in its 35-year history here. ”
Ecklund says the organizations and businesses that have supported the world series include:
- Saturday – August 15, 2015 – Sponsored by SHULTS AUTO GROUP
- Sunday – August 16, 2015 – Sponsored by the JAMESTOWN BABE RUTH LEAGUE
- Monday – August 17, 2015 – Sponsored by the JAMESTOWN AREA COMMUNITY FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, INNER LAKES FEDERAL CREDIT UNION, & SOUTHERN CHAUTAUQUA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION
- Tuesday – August 18, 2015 – Sponsored by the CHAUTAUQUA COUNTY FIREFIGHTERS
- Wednesday – August 19, 2015 – Sponsored by the RESOURCE CENTER
- Thursday – August 20, 2015 – Sponsored by the CHAUTAUQUA REGION COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
- Friday – August 21, 2015 – Sponsored by JAMESTOWN AREA PATHOLOGY, LLC
- Saturday – August 22, 2015 – Sponsored by JAMESTOWN AREA PATHOLOGY, LLC
For more information on the Babe Ruth World Series, visit www.jamestownworldseries.org.