Jamestown Police say 74 year-old Patrick Reilly died from the fire that broke out just after 1 a.m. Thursday in the second floor of a house located on 21 Carey Place.
Upon arriving on the scene, city firefighters were able to make it inside the home and found Reilly on the second floor. He was taken by ambulance to UPMC Chautauqua WCA where he was later pronounced dead.
An investigation revealed that two space heaters placed near combustible materials was the likely cause.
The fire was knocked down within an hour, and damage was largely contained to one area. No other injuries were reported.