Trick-or-treating hours in Jamestown, Bemus Point, Celoron, Frewsburg, and Mayville will run from 6 to 8pm. Hours will be from 5 to 7 p.m. in Ashville, Ellington, Gerry, Kennedy, and Sinclairville. Hours are from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in Lakewood and Panama. And hours in Falconer will run from 5:30 to 8 p.m and the Falconer Fire Department will also be holding a Trunk-or-Treat event from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m.
TIPS TO KEEP SAFE
With a number of families expected to be out tonight, the Jamestown Police Department and other Law Enforcement Agencies are providing additional patrols of neighborhood streets throughout the evening.
The JPD also offering a number of tips to parents for Halloween:
- hildren should wear light colored, flame retardant, short costumes to avoid tripping and falling;
- Reflective tape should be added to the costume enhances safety;
- Carry a flashlight so you can see and be seen;
- Use make-up instead of masks, which can be hot, uncomfortable and obstruct a child’s vision;
- Children should Trick-or-Treat in groups, accompanied by an adult and should only Trick-or-Treat within their neighborhoods and only visit homes with outside lights on;
- Give and accept wrapped candy only and instruct children not to eat any treats until they get home. Examine all candy before allowing children to eat it;
- Keep costumed children away from pets. The pet may not recognize the child and become frightened;
- Watch for traffic.
CITY HALLOWEEN FUN-FEST AT ALLEN PARK
In addition to safety tips, city police are also urging families to attend the 35th Annual Citywide Halloween Fun-Fest at Allen Park as an alternative to door to door trick or treating.
The event will run from 6 to 8 p.m. at the former Allen Park Ice Rink and has been planned to offer a safe, fun and no-cost alternative to trick-or-treating door to door. The event is for children 12 years of age and under. Individuals over 12 years of age must be accompanied by a child, and children under 6 years must be accompanied by a parent or an adult.
The evening will feature games, a haunted house, refreshments, and musical entertainment by Take 2. There will be a Costume Parade at 6:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. as part of the two costume judging contests with winners announced at 6:45 p.m. and 7:45 p.m. Two grand prize winners will receive bicycles.
For more information about the Halloween Fun Fest, contact Julia Ciesla-Hanley at (716) 483-7523 or visit the City’s website at www.JamestownNY.net.