JAMESTOWN – A free evening concert on Saturday, June 29 by Uprooted featuring Michael Glabicki of Rusted Root in front of the National Comedy Center will be the highlight of a new event called “Jamestown Best Day Ever.”
The day is described by event organizer Doug Sitler as a day full of fun and experiential events that will focus on downtown Jamestown, the Riverwalk and the National Comedy Center.
Sitler says Jamestown Best Day Ever is a day full of activities that might constitute as someone’s “Best Day Ever.”
The day will offer a morning yoga session on the Riverwalk, a group bike ride on the entire Riverwalk, kayaking at Panzarella Park on the Chadakoin. Tour of the Reg Lenna Civic Center, a drum circle at Keel Boat landing, and a beer tasting at The Beer Snob. The highlight of the day will be an early evening concert in front of the National Comedy Center with Uprooted and other performances.
“The goal is to get local residents, out-of-town guest, and visitors to Chautauqua Lake area to come enjoy and embrace Downtown Jamestown as a fun place to visit,” Sitler told WRFA during a recent interview. “The goal is to try and bring visitor to Downtown Jamestown’s hotels and downtown businesses and will create an economic impact to the entire region.”
Sitler said the event is entirely made possible with grant funding provided through Jamestown’s Downtown Revitalization Initiative award provided by Governor Cuomo and New York State through Homes and Community Renewal and the Fund for Downtown Programming. The grant was approved by the Jamestown Local Development Corporation (JLDC) and is also administered by JLDC.
All Jamestown Best Day Ever events are free:
- 9:00 a.m. – Yoga on the RiverWalk. A free yoga class taught by Samsara Yoga Center will take place on the RiverWalk behind RiverWalk Self Storage.
- 10 a.m. – RiverWalk Bike Ride. Departing from the parking lot at RiverWalk Self Storage at 20 Steele Street, riders will ride the entire RiverWalk trail system from downtown Jamestown to the trail’s end in Fluvanna. This is a slow bike ride and is suitable for riders of all skill levels. Wearing bright colors and helmets are suggested.
- 11 a.m. to Noon – Evergreen Outfitters kayaking at Panzarella Park. Parking available behind Jamestown BPU on Steele Street. Bring your own kayak or one provided (limited supply) by Evergreen Outfitters. A group paddle to McCrea Point will take place at 1:00 p.m. Safety floatation devices are required.
- 1 p.m. – Free Tour of the Reg Lenna Center for the Arts. Meet in the lobby of Jamestown’s gorgeous 1,200 seat theater and receive a 45 minute tour of this local treasure. The theater is located at 116 East Third Street in Jamestown.
- 2 p.m. – Drum Circle at Keelboat Landing. Led by percussion instructor TR McKotch, enjoy a drum circle on the banks of the Chadakoin River. Event is open to drummers of all skill levels, including first-timers. Participants are encouraged to bring their own drums or use drums that will be provided. Keelboat Landing is located on Main Street at the Chadakoin River bridge.
- 3 p.m. – Pre-concert party at The Beer Snob. Come enjoy some live music and some beer flights from local breweries. This is a 21+ year old event. The Beer Snob is located at 318 Washington Street.
- 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Concert in front of the National Comedy Center, featuring Uprooted with Michael Glabicki of Rusted Root, Sly Boots Circus (African drum & dance outfit), Qwister and Amanda Barton’s Shenanigans. Beer and wine will be sold, as well as food from Shawbucks.
- 9 p.m. to Midnight – Post-Concert Party at Pearl City Hops at the DoubleTree by Hilton Jamestown. After the Uprooted concert, a post-event gathering will take place. The event will feature live music on the patio, food and drink specials. The DoubleTree by Hilton Jamestown is located at 150 West 4th Street.
More Posts for Show: Arts on Fire